MTM • El Paso, TX
About the Program
Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services certificate training program is an active learning seminar in which participants practice a variety of communication techniques to elicit a patient's medication experience and identify medication-related problems, using cases based on the real-life experiences of MTM providers. Participants will gain experience interviewing patients, identifying and prioritizing medication-related problems, developing and implementing interventions, and documenting activities. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to explore various business models and billing strategies and discuss plans for implementation. Through additional pre-seminar self-study modules, case studies, hands-on patient interview, and assessment practice sessions, pharmacists will obtain the clinical knowledge and skills needed to establish medication therapy management services.
Goals of the Program
- Advance public health and patient care through improved medication use.
- Provide training to enhance pharmacists' ability to effectively provide MTM services.
- Motivate increased numbers of pharmacists to establish MTM services.
- Communicate benchmark practices for providing MTM services.
Activity Type: Practice-Based
Target Audience: Pharmacists in all practice settings
Initial Release Date: 02/01/2012
Expiration Date: 02/01/2015
To participate in this activity, participants must have access to a computer with minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Pentium 3 or equivalent processor, 64 MB of free memory (not 64 MB total), 60 MB free disk space (if copied to the hard drive), Flash Player 8 or higher, minimum screen resolution of 1024x768, sound card for audio with speakers or earphones.
|The American Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
Date: Nov 10, 2013 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Nov 08, 2013
Requirements for CE Credit
To earn a Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Credit and/or a Certificate of Achievement, participants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Read the self-study modules in their entirety and successfully complete the self-study assessment. A score of 70% or better is required. Participants may have a maximum of two attempts to achieve a passing score. Successful completion of the self-study component will result in 10.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credits (1.0 CEU).
- Attend a live training seminar offering and complete the online evaluation. Successful completion of the evaluation will result in 8.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.80 CEU).
- Complete an online affirmation statement of post-seminar exercise. Successful completion of the online affirmation will result in 3.0 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.30 CEU).
ACPE Universal Activity Numbers
Self-Study Component: 0202-9999-12-002-H04-P (1.0 CEU or 10 contact hours)
Live Seminar Component: 0202-9999-12-001-L04-P (0.80 CEU or 8 contact hours)
Post-Seminar Exercise: 0202-9999-12-003-H04-P (0.30 CEU or 3 contact hours)
The University of Texas at El Paso
College of Health Sciences and School of Nursing Building (Across from the UTEP Library)
1851 Wiggins Rd.
El Paso, TX 79968
Jacquelyn P. Navarrete, Pharm.D.
Margie E. Padilla, Pharm.D, CDE