The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, founded in 1883, helps change the world by preparing the most outstanding students for challenging careers as pharmacy clinicians and scientists while improving the health care of all Texans through discovery and development in the research laboratories. In 2012, U.S. News and World Report ranked the college among the elite programs of pharmaceutical education in the country.
The UT Continuing Pharmacy Education program strives to be the preeminent provider of innovative lifelong pharmacy-related continuing professional development. We offer unique, selective, high-quality CPE courses in both live and online (distant) formats. We are also a leader in quality co-sponsorship services, accrediting only professional-grade CPE learning opportunities that exceed ACPE standards for continuing education.
We are here to help. Please contact us if you have any questions about the College of Pharmacy Continuing Education program.
The mission of The University of Texas Continuing Pharmacy Education office is to provide quality continuing education and lifelong learning opportunities for pharmacists. Programs offered by UT CPE will be designed to meet learning needs identified by pharmacists to assist in maintaining knowledge and skills necessary for the protection of the health and welfare of all citizens. Special emphasis will be placed on providing opportunities to meet the practice needs of University of Texas College of Pharmacy alumni and pharmacists of Texas.
Specific goals include:
- Providing programming that will enhance the knowledge and skills of pharmacists, thereby advancing the practice of pharmacy as well as providing a mechanism for the personal and professional development of the pharmacists of our state, UTCOP preceptors, and other interested practitioners;
- Emphasizing lifelong learning as an important professional activity for all pharmacists;
- Utilizing technologies to facilitate and compliment educational experiences while increasing geographical access;
- Striving to make all of our programming practical, affordable, and easily accessible to all participants;
- Continuing to develop partnerships that provide quality programs for pharmacists.